Sunday, November 16, 2008

this day feels like two weeks, and there's still 3 minutes left. It seems like eons since I rode around Philadelphia killing time before my flight. Now I'm sitting on the bed of a Hampton Inn a bit north of Birmingham. Teresa, a nurse at the hospital, called me at 5 am in my hotel room at Princeton years and years ago to tell me that my mother died.

more later. i've no more words, or even tears, I think, left in me now.

6 comments:

Maggie May said...

oh sweetie. i'm so sorry.

i will pray for you on and off today whenever i think of you. i will direct those prayers to Philly.

Maggie May said...

just checking in. hope you feel strength from love.

xo

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry.

ButtonHole said...

Maggie and Ron: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Maggie: I was only in Philly for a few hours awaiting my flight, but I think you should keep on directing your prayers there. I have quite the Philly story I'll post soon, and I feel that they can use all the brotherly/sisterly love they can get their way!

Pris said...

I was so sorry to read this post. Yes, the wedding in the post above sounds like it gave you strength.

Anonymous said...

Darlin', sorry to hear this news... your description of the wedding called to mind a James Taylor lyric about Rio " I was there on the very day/and my heart came back alive"