TO: Faculty, Staff and Students
FROM: EITS
RE: Friday's Data Center Outage
________________________________
The UGA campus experienced an outage in the Boyd Data Center late Friday afternoon, June 5, 2009, caused by a major failure of one of the transformers inside the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system. [hm, maybe they should be more careful in naming systems. Sort of like the Titanic's "unsinkability"?] The failure of this transformer caused all Data Center systems to lose power/crash, impacting services on campus. The majority of these systems were back on line by 6:00 p.m. As with any outage, systems will continue to be monitored according to industry standards to assure performance and stability. Due to the weight and complexity of the transformer, there will be a need for a "rigging service" [if you're from the south, you've probably heard "rigging" used by preceding it with with a racial epithet...Is that what they mean, you think?] to support the vendor and they will be on site Monday morning, June 8, with projected completion of the UPS repair by Monday evening. Until the completion of this replacement by the vendor, the Data Center will be on utility power.
===================================
What else? Well. Let's see. I saw a great show Wednesday night, The English Beat at the 40 Watt.
==============================
downtown region to meet Ron, I
said to self, "RAIN COME SOON."
ron looked really blurred all evening






2 comments:
You didn't even post the Bel-Jean van? Yeesh.
Funny, I was just talking to my mom over the weekend about a datacenter power failure caused by an emergency backup generator.
I totally cropped that Bel-Jean bitch out!
That is TOO weird. One of the conversations that I had most often with my mom, especially in her last months, was about datacenter power failures. She insisted they were caused by my contrary nature and my dad's imaginary affairs. I countered that perhaps they were the fault of emergency backup generators.
Post a Comment