If you're like me, you recognize summer as a great time to catch up on some of those missed classics. Here's what's on my list:
Tell me this ain't a bitchin' cover! How would you like to have someone write a book about you that's called FREAK!!!! ? Yeah, me, too! Looks like Nick Bishop really put in the research on this one, too: "From the files of National Enquirer." I hope it goes all the way back to when Michael was black.
Another eye-catching cover, yo.Notice the tasteful cover-up on the tits. Is that a pistol in young Roger's whitey-titeys, or is he just glad to see that teddy bear?
This little gem appears to be chock full of twenty-year-to-life criminal felonies, judging the book by the cover.
Peter Farley rips the cover right off the seedy underworld of middle-school foreplay.
Girls sometimes have blood gushing from their private parts. This manual will tell you what you can do about it. Based on a two year study (approximately 24 periods).While I can't think of a helluva lot I don't know about tampons at this juncture, I want to be sure I didn't miss anything along the way. Just filling in some gaps, so to speak.

omi-like-god, Hansi fuckin LOVES swastikas!! Look at her happy little Aryan ass!
Life is GREAT until the war ends..... and she's mistreated by Communists. I hear there's a bleak ending when Hansi is taken to the U.S. and forced to support herself by cleaning house for the Steinberg family in Cleveland, Ohio.
I held out on this one for the International Edition. One doesn't want to limit a morbid interest in skin diseases to one's own backyard. There's a whole world of rashes and outbreaks out there. Love the cover: "Yeah, just kickin back, enjoying this raging case of contagious epiglistolitis I have going on, whassup, dog??"Plus, is that Richard Dreyfuss?
This promises to be a hauntingly beautiful memoir. Joan! Joan....tell me how to live your life! Teach me to be interesting, oh please!Here, Joan tells you how to live her life, and it is fuckin HARD. She doesn't have the time; she makes the time! No cutting corners for Ms. Crawford. She'll show you how to fold clothes for packing and how you had better put a thin sheet of tissue paper between all the garments so that nothing is actually touching anything else! Well, she tells how she makes her maid Carmecita do it....and many other tips!
Added bonus: in the back, a tear-out coupon for a pack of True cigarettes.

I love reading about lives that otherwise would never touch mine. I think Boychick will surely fill those shoes. How many people do you know--be honest--who have "embark[ed] upon [their] emotional destruction with astonishing enthusiasm"?
A must read.



2 comments:
I don't even know where to start. What a great list.
Yeah, "astonishing enthusiasm" almost makes Leo's emotional destruction sound like a good thing.
I. Am. Speechless!
Post a Comment