Sunday, December 14, 2008

Observation re: Aging: #1


Something about me: I like to make crazy faces at myself in mirrors. And at babies, when their parents aren't looking. Nothing scary, mind you. Just funny. One mirror I like to use is the rearview mirror while driving, so if you're behind me and my mirror is set on "funny faces," I might not see you. Just honk.


But here's the thing. As I get older, my skin reacts differently to my self-stretching and scrunching, and I thus, I've noted lately, have an entirely NEW repetoire of faces! It's a LITTLE disconcerting because we've most of us seen some of our looks we give to others (quizzical, surprised, sad, etc) in the mirror, but now: god knows what I'm looking like to people.


But it sure is interesting to experiment with!


Peace and blessings and joy to everyone! Much love,

your sweet POLLYANNA

2 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

As your skin begins to sag and your teeth shift around in your head, there will an unlimited number of new faces you can make! Something to look forward to after all. ;-)

ButtonHole said...

Hell yeah! Rock it, baby! Laissez les bon temp roulez!