

Snap at Siri Thai, Athens, GA, Feb 4
Good food; shit service; first time I've not left a tip in forever!
Taken w/ the Canon PhotoShot S200 digital I found on the train going into NYC :/

Mr. Button at IHOP, Watkinsville, GA Feb 7
Mr. B and I saw some old friends of his in IHOP and ate with them. It was good to see them until they turned out to be Republicans.....That's John on your right.
Taken w/Verizon cell phone
******

Snap at Maison Bleu, Watkinsville, GA, Feb. 10
This was a wonderful lunch! My first trip there; I would highly recommend!
Taken w/ Canon PhotoShot digital
******
Snap at Pauley's Crepes, Athens, GA, Feb. 11
My first trip here, too. Newly-opened in the old Roly Poly space. Godawful expensive, I thought, for whatcha get. Quality: 6/10
Me at Pauley's
"Sit up straight," my daughter ordered.
So I did.
I look like something ridiculous. But at least I'm not slumping.
Taken w/Verizon cell phone.
******

Snap and Dusty at Steak and Shake, Atlanta, GA (Duluth, actually), Feb 13
We're on the way to Muscle Shoals to move a load from my parents house. We got a late start so figured what the heck, we'll just eat in. Funny story: We had two cats in the car waiting. I generally take my black cat Stumpy with me to Muscle Shoals because he's a Relatively New Cat and, since the rest of the Jealous Spoiled Crew doesn't like him much , Stumpy LOVES the quality time the trip affords him. The cat that gives him the most grief is Ruby, so he especially enjoys the time away from him (yes, Ruby is a he.....sorta). Anyway, Snap and I are sitting in the front with Dusty in the back seat. Stumpy is in the cat carrier and, as we were settled in, Dusty opens it up and is going to hold Stumpy because he's vocalizing a bit, indicating a preference for emancipation. Dusty says, "Hey, what about this other cat?" Amber and I laugh and I say, "There'd better NOT be another cat back there, haha!" Dusty said something else, but I didn't hear him. So we stopped to eat and Stumpy goes back in the carrier. Four or so hours later, we arrive at my parents' house in Muscle Shoals. We set the cat carrier in the kitchen to let Stumps out and.........out comes Ruby behind him! Ruby had snuck in the carrier when I went to get Stumpy to put him in. I noticed an unusual reticence on Stumpy's part to enter the cat carrier, as he's usually laid-back and up for whatever.
Turns out, though, that the two of them got along FAMOUSLY all weekend--as if they'd been friends for years!! Upon arrival back home, they still got along well....for about 3-4 days. Then it was as if Ruby came to his senses and thought, "Wait a second! What'm I doing?? I hate you!" And it was back to business as usual.
Cats are so weird.
Taken w/ Canon digital SLR EOS Rebel XSi
******

.....which is why I insisted on continuing my search for a GOOD steak when Mary Anne and Ron and I met for dinner.
Here Mary Anne and I are at Longhorn Steakhouse, Athens, GA, Feb. 19
EXCELLENT meal!
Ron

Saturday lunch with the family
More cell phone trauma. And this is edited!
Taken w/--you guessed it--Verizon cell phone
Brunch at the Grit, Athens, GA, Feb 24



5 comments:
Normally, I'm not a man who notices hair styles--just got gobsmacked by the wife for not noticing a radically new coif that had been waving itself in front of me for three days--but I do wanna say what a cute hairstyle you've got!
HA!! Somehow, Mark, I DON'T think this compliment will redeem you in Dani's eyes!
But thanks! :)
Finally!
yum and hi and you are so cute and your daughter is beautiful
Love the Grit!!! It's been years since I've been there. However I was at Steak n' Shake (or Stock n' Shock, as I like to call it) and DAMN it was good.
Post a Comment