Saturday, June 13, 2009


If I need to book a hotel room, I should just set aside about 20 hours to do so. It takes me FOREVER to make up my mind. Today: London hotels. There are several in the city, and I need to look at them all haha.
I read the customer reviews, and this one struck me as particularly intriguing:
"Very good value for London standards
The comfort is very good, menu of pillows. The internet didnot work, and they offerred a change of rooms since they could not fix it. Good service. The breakfast at the restaurant was average."
A MENU OF PILLOWS???
I kid you not. It was the last review on the page when I posted this link: http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv
I'm not so sure about this one.


I need to take the reviews overall, though. This particularly place (The ParkCity London) gets great reviews until I hit upon one that says, "Bed is hard as a rock and no internet service." Who cares about the bed, but I gotta get online!
The last time I stayed in London, I was alone and with an extremely low cash flow, so, since I'm not willing to take a $50 room with a cot and a menu of pillows this time, I've little to go on with past experience. On the other hand, I am looking for something under $300, which puts me in very iffy terrain. It seems so dumb, to me, to spend so much money on hotels. And they don't even let you stay 24 hours! I know they CAN'T if they're going to clean the rooms, but still.
I swear, though, if I were rich, I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable spending $3000 on place to sleep! I mean get a nice $500 hotel and send $2500 to charity, ya know???
My requirements (just so you'll know in case you open your own hotel and expect me to check in):

adjustable and working heating/cooling systems
clean? please?
Internet access. in the room, for godssakes. don't give me that "lobby-access" shit.
QUIET


thanks.

2 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

The last two times I was in London I stayed at the Tavistock in Bloomsbury. It's about a block and a half from the Russell Sq. tube stop. Great location, the rooms are spare but clean and they serve the most incredible English breakfast as part of the room price.

Maggie May said...

i'd like a menu of pillows in general