excuse me. operator? I'm quite sure i made reservations for a room in florence with a view. i'm thinking i might have gotten off at the wrong station. my view looks nothing like this. no matter how much ive had to drink. no refund policy, you say? bullocks!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's my view:

hullo. those of you who've been following along with my bouncing blog know how very very much i'm in love w. the hampton inn out by the mall in florence alalababa, right? well, kittens, i simply couldn't stand it another second. i had to hie myself yonward to ALSO check out the newer DowntownHamp overlooking the blissladen Tennessee Riv. (no Arno, she) and here i am. and oh-my-god-tired. ive slept not a winklet in the past 40 hours.
i lie, of course.
i did put my head on my arms and my arms on the kitchen table this morning at 720, deliberately courting discomfort so i wouldn't sleep long, and woke with a start at 855. with no feeling in arms. so that was an hour 35.
so i steeled myself and willed myself and drank coffee and maybe got other help and drove the near-breadths of georgabama in a hair over 5.5 hours.
not at all a bad drive and the trip gained notoreity by the presence of GREAT clouds (i'm so into clouds...you too? ohhh) . Here--have some.
how about this one? a great dane baring its teeth? a young dragon just learning to breath smoke? yet very like a whale, methinks.
arrival's afternoon was emotional/frankly a bit gutwrenching. but we won't go there to.day.no.
so after that i swung by for an old favorite, north AL bbq (i guess it's what you cut your teeth on...nothing else will really quite do for me) and brought it here to room 314 which btw does have a VIEW--see above--if you consider a parking lot, a junk yard, and Longrider Supply Co across the street a view, and i do NOT believe miss lucy honeychurch would.
perhaps i shall complain about my lack of view and subsequent disappontment at breakfast on morrow's morn-- fanning myself, sighing DREADfully and pursing my lips, glancing sidewise at the jackal of a clerk who had the nerve to house a lady in such accommodations.
enter, please, stage left: bohemian gentleman and his free spirit (read: Free Spirit) of a son and
oh you know the rest. we'll shall inhabit trees. we shall shout our yes.
BEAUTY!
TRUTH!
FREEDOM!
JOY!
and then.
~~~~~~~
well, that's florence for you. lovely and love. anything can happen and seldom does.
But here's a snippet of bucolia I snapped on the way. This scene takes place about 20 miles north of Birmin'um AL
Of course, no Hampton Inn stay would be complete without a few pics of the room, and I aim to please.If you've traveled with me, you'll know
1. I don't normally travel with expensive luggage. No Korshmar* Andrew Phillips*or Piel Leather* will do for this gal. No sir, I'm all over some Skyway** and American Tourister**
and 2. I have tons of cheap suitcases and duffels under the stairs and in the garage at home. Take your pick. Keep it if you want.
So it is with a heavy heart that I must show you that which I cannot explain. Here is a photo of my luggage:
I dunno. It was lying on the kitchen table and I said what the hey.
*hell yes i googled "expensive ass luggage." i'm fancy but not this fancy.
**did not google
ps if you're wondering if i'm cheating on my dates, of course i am. but not this time. i wrote last night and was too sleepy to proofread. ask ken.
pss ken wasn't HERE. He was just trying to IM when while I was busy blogging!



4 comments:
I must confess to similar luggage sins of late in my seemingly endless travels. My redneck bags of choice: those re-usable grocery bags you buy for a buck at damn near everywhere but tire stores. And a real garment bag, when I don't feel like making my own from a trash bag.
Sadly, I even have a hierarchy of what goes in which bag, based on size and apparent durability of the bags. (REI and Bloom bags seem to be the best made, in case you feel like trading up from paper.)
anything can happen and seldom does
I'll be stealing that line, thank you.
Stay strong, girl.
You obviously did not consult your Baedeker before making your reservations.
?
Anon: I shan't venture abroad in the future without my Baedeker. I've learned my lesson
Yes
?
Post a Comment