Monday, October 13, 2008

In the land of kitsch, would you be a monster?

Name that novel.
Yes, on my ride back to GA, I kept an eye peeled for kitsch. My environs did not disappoint.

What about this? When mommy and daddy have to slave away at the office, why not drop the kids off for a relaxing pedicure, massage, and mud facial at the Shoals Preschool SPA academy?


Uhhhhhhh........I give up. What IS in the trailer?
W.T.F.?
Almost worth showing up at the First Southern (<--read: xenoglossia) Baptist to find out??


Oh, but it gets better. What a divine find this was!!
COWBOY CHURCH OF COLBERT COUNTY!!!!!!!
Tyin' heifers up and draggin' em to Jesus!
You probably aren't too surprised to find that a horse arena figured largely in the churchyard.


Can't make it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year?? Never you mind. Cullman, AL, will take up the slack. I mean, beer's beer, right??


That Ruby. She's one tough cookie. She'll have you outfitted in cowhide and smokes before you can say "Christ on a bronco"!
nota bene: confederate flag was 2x size of amurcan.

Ruby's cornered a niche here in Lawrence County, AL, looks like. She caters to a crowd who seeks to combine all the perks of motorcycling and cattle rustling.
But.......swords?
Incense sticks cones oils?
Miss Janet's probably in the Junior League with Ruby. I'll bet they're tight as dimes.

These folks will give you cash for your Yankee-- or you can trade your unused Northerner for a gun as long as it's in good shape. I'm not sure what they do with the Yankees. Maybe Ruby knows......


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many northerners would Ruby take for a sword and some chaps?

Anonymous said...

I do have an unfair advantage with this quiz, but let me go ahead and answer your question:

Nesnesitelná lehkost bytí

of, for those who have not checked their Chech lately,

The Unbearable Lightness of Being


Now, let's turn the table. Your turn to take a quiz, Red:

Is it wrong to want th Kingdom of God on Earth?

J

ButtonHole said...

ADS: I'm thinking Ruby doesn't deal in Yankee trades. It's just not profitable, and she's the consummate businesswoman, as anyone can see.

No-Red J: You've stumped me. And it's CZECH!! lol

ButtonHole said...

a better pun: czech your Czech.

ButtonHole said...

ps yall: J knows when I'm kidding. A GEM OF A FIND IN A FRIEND!!!!!!!

He knows he's smart and will laugh his ass off at himself.

Anonymous said...

FUCK. I did mean to spell that right, TRULY!

LOL
J