Have you ever wondered, if the norm for human body temperature is 98.6 degrees, why, when the temperature outside is 98, we perceive it as so uncomfortable? Seems that sort of equilibrium would be exactly perfect.But I don't have to point out that 98 is hardly comfortable except for the most bizarre among us.
Today, though, reached very near to the pinnacle of perfection in Autumn Weather. I graded GRE essays on the deck all day, where the temps were in the 70's but with pretty low humidity. Leaves relinquished their holds and succumbed to time and gravity all around me. The drought might make for a less colorful fall, but it didn't seem to affect the palate much last year. The sun and shadows did their slow dance across the yard in their relentless (thus far) slow chase, the afternoon oozed with that honey glow of September and October that I've loved as long as I have loved.



***********
oh yeah! the daily animal pick of the pics!





3 comments:
Glad you enjoyed the day. I was wondering how your fall looks down there. Up here, it is spectacular....just a bit colder.
It's still too warm during the day. I want some brisk sweater weather now!
ADS, send me some pics of Wisconsin fall! I can add them to my Wisconsin Winter and Spring Collections!
Post a Comment