Friday night, after spending the day at the VA administration offices in Tuscumbia, at the courthouse in Florence, and several visits to meet with the head nurse, a hospice service, and a blisteringly expensive sitting service at my mom's assisted living, and oh yes, a long unproductive Internet search for my mom's marriage and divorce proof from her first marriage (the absence of these docs will slow down the veteran's benefits "tremendously), I was finally headed back to the hotel. But the sun was lowering, and its rays coming just so through the clouds made me delay going back to my room, where I don't have all that grand of a view, anyway. So I turned into McFarland Park by the river and took some shots of what I saw. Here are a few:




[that's Oneal Bridge in the foreground below, and behind it is an abandoned railroad trestle, upon which I once had s.e.x. many years ago. It was an extremely uncomfortable place for such and, quite frankly, terrifying (a few rotten crossties between you and plummeting xx feet down into the Tennessee River? yow) It was done just to say we did, if memory serves. Sort of like doing it in the bathroom on a plane. I've not partaken in those pleasures, but I suspect it's another of those activities whereby the idea surpasses the reality! Let me hear from you on this, readers.]

PS aside for whining: Who designed the air conditioning system in this hotel?? SATAN? I set the temp to 73: it's so hot my teeth are melting. I click it one degree down to 72 (apparently secret code for 273 Celsius): within 5 minutes, it's so cold that all molecular activity ceases and I'm cryogenic-lab-ready.....
Thanks for list'nin.



3 comments:
Visit whilst you can, remember what the 4th rider said: "A day's work for a day's measure of grain..." if that's not exact, it's close enough.
no, it was "a quart of grain for a day's work"! Or was it "park it and lock it, not responsible"????
(sorry, private jokes from the homestead. we are unbelievably hilarious! Don't believe me? I tole ja!)
Beautiful pics. I like the light of this time of day.
Intersting take on "a bridge too far", and other situations. Sometimes "memorable" is as good as it gets...
I guess that the top of the ski jump I showed ya is a popular place for "humpty". (Not for me, thanx...not big on heights.) Not real private though, I've heard several people tell me they climbed halfway up the scaffold, with family, only to see some kids peering down in various stages of undress. Needless to say, neither group got to go "all the way".
Post a Comment